Jun 25, 2014

STUFF I PAINTED: Apple Blossom Crowns

Here ye!  Here ye!
These are the bee's knees AND the dog's bollocks!  In American Engligh that translates as: AWESOME²

My town has an annual spring celebration called Apple Blossom, which is not unlike a pink and green Mardi Gras with slightly less nakedness and fewer moon pies.  We usually have a swarm of A and B-list celebrities come through, and some celebrity offspring is crowned the Apple Blossom Queen (local pageant winners are the court princesses).  The circus AND the carnival hit town, waaaay too much carnie food and 50-gal drums of liquored fruit are consumed.  Thrills, spills, golf tournies, parades, buffet lunches, discos.  It's a complete mess . . . I love it!

I found these plain cast iron hooks on super-sale at Hobby Lobby (I think) and KNEW they needed to be painted.  Over a year later I rediscovered them buried in with my (rarely used) painting supplies and gave them a make-over.  Not bad (says I) for my first forays into under-painting and tonal values!

I have three.  What doesn't sell at the Boundless Bazaar (July 12 - 13 here in Winchester) will be hawked on Etsy.  Perfect for any Apple Blossom Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment