Jul 7, 2014

SUNDOWN 2014: PEOPLE SKILLS (sketches)

You would think being an artist who can render still life images with near-photographic quality AND has a degree in biology would have absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, NO problem drawing the human body.  Let me just tell you now that is totally not true.

It's like a furuncle in my gluteus maximus.  Every.  Single.  Time.

The running joke is that I "need to work on my people skills."

So, I worked on my people skills for approximately 10 hours at the first annual Sundown Festival, and here are a few of the results.









And here are two of the folks I drew that actually held still long enough for me to also snap photos:








And these are the good ones . . . so frustrating to know these were equal parts talent (natural) and skill (studied, educated).  I want to be able to nail it every time. . . which means more practice needed!  Not there yet.  Still working on it.  

Fortunately, I've got 10 hours of photos to work with now!

No comments:

Post a Comment