Feb 8, 2015

Jazz at Du Monde (v. I)

Apparently only in my own mind have I been updating this blog.  I blame facebook (where you can see stuff I make as it's done.  So, you know, when in doubt . . . ).

Anywho.  Last summer I got an itch to try a little painting after my abstracts turned out so well, and I figured it was time to really start delving into the LOTR photos for all that art I said I would make.  And also, the art market folks issued a themed challenge for inspirations based on: "Orange."

(I was mostly embarrassed that was the best theme they could come up with since there were some really great abstract and/or visually suggestive ideas that were kicked around.  I digress.)

So I came up with this:

Garcon!  A plate of beignets while we groove!  Jazz at Du Monde, 16 x 20 acrylic on canvas.

Those of you who have experienced the Cafe in the NOLA French quarter know of which I paint.  

And now I'm craving the darn things, dang it!

This is version 1, actually.  I need to fix a few minor details and remove the chick in the hat (it really was a tiny hat, but she needs to go), so this is temporarily off market.  Stay tuned. . . I gotta go make some beignets, first, though.  Mmmm--greasy hot sugary goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment