Jul 5, 2012

LINES ON THE ROAD, PART I

I was invited to attend a plein air workshop this September in Roseburg (Oregon) by my ridiculously talented cousins, and since the workshop is on a style with which I have little experience and because it was a mere 2800 miles (so close!) from my personal stomping grounds, I naturally said, "Yes!  Save me a spot!"

Flying out for the weekend was obviously too simple for my brain to comprehend, so immediately the trip out turned into a driving trip-turned cross-country art adventure-turned marketing ploy-turned group event (i.e., I'd convinced my friend Jose to come with me).  It's either going to be the most amazing experience ever and we'll do it every year . . . or Jose and I will never speak to each other again.

At any rate, we're building our joint blog now and will be live this weekend in order to move forward with marketing, getting sponsors, creating buzz, etc.  Jose had me sketch up something for the banner image (it'll be professionally tweaked), something that looks intentionally like the kind of quick sketches we'll use later for final works, represents us both, and still conveys the tone of the trip.  (Also, I should mention my sister has me practicing my illustration for a book she's writing, which may have influenced me just a tad.)  Here it is:

Proposed banner draft for our cross-county art blog Lines on the Road.

*Update: My traveling partner-in-crime had an emergency that put a crimp in our blog readiness date, so we've had to push back to THIS weekend (7/14-ish).  Stay tuned . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment