Jul 25, 2012

PENCILATED NOW ON ETSY

Another milestone moment for this mild-mannered entrepreneur: I've opened an Etsy shop!  Pencilated on Etsy will be a place to sell my crafts, photos, prints, and whatever else I make that isn't original fine art.

To the common eye it may appear that I've gone about this backward by starting up a personal website then opening a shop via Etsy; after all, folks typically start in a community site then migrate over to a separate location once they've established a clientele.  My website is, in fact, set up to function as an independent store but I've not included those features in the active site just yet.  By opening an Etsy shop and keeping a separate website, I'm able to:

  • keep the focus of my own website on a body of work (similar to a portfolio)
  • provide a place where customers can easily view what's for sale now
  • use third party management to deal with higher traffic flow
  • take advantage of Etsy's existing web-presence to build a clientele for Pencilated--because I have none (yet!)

So you see, it's really a no-brainer.  Things are just getting started here, and while I'm still getting my feet under me I'll need to use what tools are available to minimize how much time I spend on back-end admin tasks and maximize how much time I have in the studio.

(I'm just excited to be able to work on something new that isn't apples or a crash-course in software . . . I digress.)

Come visit Pencilated on Etsy and see what's new!  I'll offer a selection of photographs and limited-edition goods each week to keep things fresh, and with the stacks of projects and supplies I've amassed it's always bound to be a surprise (even to me).  Here's the link, and happy shopping!  Pencilated on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment